Effective Date: This Terms of Service Agreement was last updated on June 20, 2019.
Please read this Agreement carefully.
This agreement encompasses the following online property www.jcresumes.com (“Website”).
By using the www.jcresumes.com (the “User” or “you”) agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement, you should immediately cease all usage of our website. Any Non-Human Visitors to our website shall be considered agents of the individual(s) who controls, authors or otherwise makes use of them. The access rights granted to you under the Terms of Service are non-transferable without the express written permission of us.
Furthermore, we reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update the terms and conditions of this agreement without prior notice. Modifications shall become effective immediately upon being posted at JC Resumes. Your continued use of our website after amendments are posted constitutes an acknowledgement and acceptance of the Agreement and its modifications. Except as provided in this paragraph, this Agreement may not be amended.
- Description of Résumé Writing ServiceJC Resumes is providing résumé writing and editing services. All writing and editing services are non-refundable once services are retained. The intake and evaluation of your current résumé and job targets may be determined either via written questionnaire or online form. After you have received your revised résumé, you may contact us by email within 7 days of the sent date posted on the email to you should you need further revisions. We will provide a second draft to you within 7 days from the sent date on the email back from you. Additional charges billed at the rate of $150 per hour will apply if editing services are requested after the 7 day editing time frame provided for above. We are not responsible for providing service in the circumstance of a customer’s failure to upload a résumé or to provide a completed questionnaire or in the case of customer providing an incorrect email address. Because our services are rendered in a digital format, and cannot be physically returned, our fees are non-refundable. Normal turnaround time is 72-96 hours from the date of receipt but may be longer in certain circumstances which may include the size of each individual project. We do not guarantee a specific time for completion. Prices may vary and are subject to change depending on the scope of each individual project. Work conducted on your résumé, cover letter, or other written material may be performed by one or more writers employed or sub-contracted by JC Resumes and any such writer may be subject to change at any time.
- Phone SupportJC Resumes offers limited customer support via phone access. In order to provide accurate documentation with customers, JC Resumes writer’s primary mode of communication with customers is via email. This is to ensure accurate documentation and record keeping so that we can meet your needs most effectively as a team. JC Resumes is not responsible for third party advertising and marketing communications used by any of its vendors, partners or affiliates in reference to the delivery methods and résumé writing services used by JC Resumes to fulfill customer assignments. The Terms of Service stated above are the only terms that JC Resumes is responsible for adhering to.
- Communication PolicyIn order to ensure a pleasant, professional-caliber environment while utilizing our services, we strictly prohibit use of hateful, profane, or vulgar language within any communication and/or documentation. This includes, but is not limited to, messaging (whether with writers or support), text within documents, live chat and phone consultations.Abiding by our communication policy helps ensure that our services can be optimally collaborative and effective for both JC Resumes writers, support staff and clients. Violations of this policy are subject to immediate discontinuation of service without refund.
- Disclaimer of WarrantiesOur website is provided by JC Resumes on an “as is” and on an “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, JC Resumes makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of our website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. JC Resumes shall have no liability for any interruptions in the use of our website. JC Resumes disclaims all warranties with regard to the information provided, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties therefore the above-referenced exclusion is inapplicable.
- Limitation of LiabilityJC Resumes SHALL NOT be liable for any damages whatsoever, and in particular JC Resumes shall not be liable for the following:
- Any special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages,
- Damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, compensatory damages, punitive damages or any and all other damages arising out of or related to the USE OF OUR résumé writing service, jcresumes.com website, resume2hire.com website, or
- Information contained in the website, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law, or otherwise, even if JC Resumes has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- JC Resumes shall not be held liable for any loss of income or any and all other damages due to a loss of a position within any organization, company or society as a result of information contained within the résumé; it is the responsibility of the USER (Client) to effectively review the résumé and ensure the information is complete, ACCURATE and a reflection of the exact specifications of the USER (Client).
- JC Resumes shall not be held liable for any and all damages as a result of termination from a position within an organization, company or society; or a denial of an interview or position within an organization, company or society as a result of the content or information contained within the résumé produced by JC Resumes, its writers, editors or managing partners. It is the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the USER (Client) to ensure the content of the résumé is accurate to the greatest extent possible.
- JC Resumes shall not be held liable for any and all damages as a result of information contained within the résumé produced and approved by the USER (Client) being inconsistent with information contained in the USER’S (Client) background check when conducted by a third party employer. JC Resumes is herein absolved of any and all liability resulting from any negative ramifications imparted upon USER (Client) as a result of such action by any third party employer extending from information contained in USER’S (Client) résumé.
- IndemnificationYou (Client) agree to indemnify and hold JC Resumes, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, loss of income, earnings, compensatory claims, punitive damages, loss of consortium, loss of a position or any and all damages resulting from a denial of a position or denial of an interview for a position made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of our website, the violation of this Agreement, or infringement by you, or other user of our website using your computer, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity. Each party shall indemnify and hold the other harmless for any losses, claims, damages, awards, penalties, or injuries incurred by any third party, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which arise from any alleged breach of such indemnifying party’s representations and warranties made under this Agreement, provided that the indemnifying party is promptly notified of any such claims. The indemnifying party shall have the sole right to defend such claims at its own expense. The other party shall provide, at the indemnifying party’s expense, such assistance in investigating and defending such claims as the indemnifying party may reasonably request. This indemnity shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Modifications and Interruption of Website AccessibilityJC Resumes reserves the right to modify or discontinue our website with or without notice to you. JC Resumes shall not be liable to you or any third party should JC Resumes exercise its right to modify or discontinue our website. You acknowledge and accept that JC Resumes does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our website and operation of our website may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control.
- Disclaimer Regarding Accuracy of Vendor InformationAny product specifications, service descriptions and/or other information not directly written by us have been provided by or supplied by third parties or other companies (“Vendors”) or collected from publicly available sources. While JC Resumes makes every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate, we can make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or reliability of any information provided on our website.JC Resumes makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with regard to any product provided or offered by any Vendor, and you acknowledge that any reliance on representations and warranties provided by any Vendor shall be at your own risk.JC Resumes is a resume editing, proofreading, and formatting service. The editing and formatting services provided in the documents put together by JC Resumes are done by using information provided to JC Resumes by the customer. JC Resumes provides editing, formatting, and proofreading services during an interactive process in which customer is responsible for the final fact-checking of his or her own documents, especially regarding, but not limited to, job titles, dates in positions, companies worked for, and degrees obtained. Additionally, the opinions reflected in customer’s documents are those of customer and are not necessarily the opinions of JC Resumes.
- Governing Jurisdiction of the Courts of FloridaOur website is operated and provided in the State of Florida. As such, we are subject to the laws of the State of Florida, and such laws will govern this Agreement, without giving effect to any choice of law rules. We make no representation that our website or other services are appropriate, legal or available for use in other locations. Accordingly, if you choose to access our website you agree to do so subject to the laws of the State of Florida. You consent to the jurisdiction of federal and state courts within the State of Florida. You consent to the venue in any action brought against you in connection with any breach of this Agreement. You consent to electronic service of process, if available, regarding actions under this agreement.
- Compliance with LawsYou assume all knowledge of applicable law and are responsible for compliance with any such laws. You may not use the website or our services in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations or other government requirements. You further agree not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
- ArbitrationIn the event a dispute shall arise between the USER (Client) and JC Resumes, it is hereby agreed that the dispute shall be referred to one of the following choices:
- A specific office to be decided by JC Resumes, contained within the State of Florida to conduct the arbitration proceedings;
- JC Resumes will provide a method of selecting the arbitrator and site of the hearing, such as “from the county wherein the company is located”; or for multi-jurisdictional disputes
- An JC Resumes office to be designated by JC Resumes Headquarters for arbitration in accordance with the applicable United States Arbitration and Mediation Rules of Arbitration. The arbitrator’s decision shall be final and legally binding and judgment may be entered thereon.
- Copyright and Trademark InformationAll content included or available on our website, including website design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof is copyrighted by jcresumes.com in 2009 (©2009 jcresumes.com), with all rights reserved, or is the property of JC Resumes and/or third parties protected by intellectual property rights. Any use of materials on our website, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or replication, any form of data extraction or data mining, or other commercial exploitation of any kind, without prior written permission of an authorized officer of JC Resumes is strictly prohibited. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained therein without prior written permission of an authorized officer of JC Resumesjcresumes.com™ are proprietary marks of JC Resumes The trademarks of JC Resumes may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not provided by JC Resumes, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits JC ResumesAll other trademarks displayed on the JC Resumes website are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of those Vendors. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the websites of Vendors is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those Vendors endorse or have any affiliation with JC Resumes
- BotnetsJC Resumes retains the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate any user’s access to our website who is determined in our sole discretion or believed to be involved with botnets web spiders, bots, indexers, robots, crawlers, harvesters, or any other computer programs designed to access, read, compile or gather content from our website automatically or any other related activities. If any hostnames are used as command and control points for botnets, JC Resumes reserves the right to direct the involved hostnames to a honeypot, loopback address, logging facility, or any other destination at our discretion.
- Records of Your Use and Potential Abuse.You consent to having your Internet Protocol address recorded. An email address may appear immediately below (the “Identifier”) if we suspect potential abuse. The Identifier is uniquely matched to your Internet Protocol address. You agree not to use this address for any reason. YOU AGREE THAT HARVESTING, GATHERING, STORING, TRANSFERRING TO A THIRD PARTY OR SENDING ANY MESSAGE(S) TO THE IDENTIFIER CONSTITUTES AN ACCEPTANCE AND SUBSEQUENT BREACH OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- Special License Restrictions for Non-Human VisitorsSpecial restrictions on a visitor’s license to access the Website apply to Non-Human Visitors. Non-Human Visitors include, but are not limited to, web spiders, bots, indexers, robots, crawlers, harvesters, or any other computer programs designed to access, read, compile or gather content from the Website automatically. Email addresses on this site are considered proprietary intellectual property. It is recognized that these email addresses are provided for human visitors alone. You acknowledge and agree that each email address our website contains has a value not less than US $50. You further agree that the compilation, storage, and/or distribution of these addresses substantially diminishes the value of these addresses. Intentional collection, harvesting, gathering, and/or storing this Website’s email addresses is recognized as a violation of this agreement and expressly prohibited.